Product Implementation Scientist
Created by host on 6/11/2021 10:00:28 AM
Job Title: Product Implementation Scientist
Reports to: CTO
Start Date: July 2022
Hours of Work: Full-time
Salary: £40-50k PA
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining what you can bring to MediSieve to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Imagine a world where doctors are able to target and remove infected cells, pathogens, toxins, or even viruses directly from a patient’s bloodstream. At MediSieve we are working towards bringing this dream into a reality. Our Magnetic Blood Filtration System is a device-therapeutic combination that filters harmful substances from the bloodstream using magnetic forces.
If you’ve always dreamt of making a global impact, MediSieve is the place to be! The platform nature of our technology enables us to make a difference in treating humanity's most serious diseases, with the first product targeting hyperinflammation in conditions such as COVID-19, Sepsis, and Cytokine Release Syndrome. And you have the opportunity to join our diverse, energetic, and fun team at the most exciting time – just before our clinical trials begin!
As a Product Implementation Scientist/Engineer your main objective will be to take a lead on systems integration activities. This will include helping to define the treatment parameters (flow rate, dose, infusion mode, etc) in Medisieve's benchtop flow filtration system to maximise the performance of our bead products. System integration activities will also involve assisting the engineering team transform laboratory protocols into clinical instructions for use and integration of Medisieve’s products with existing clinical haemofiltration systems.
Your day to day will require both project management (supplier management, allocation of resources, risk analysis, etc), and hands-on lab work. You will be expected to manage and contribute to the design and development of new products (e.g. literature search, drafting new protocols, etc), as well as hands-on lab work testing the products. You will be expected to perform the necessary data analysis and interpretation and produce reports.
What You’ll Be Responsible for
- Managing R&D Product Implementation through the process of bringing together the component sub-systems into one system.
- Defining the benchtop protocol parameters and translate them into clinical treatment parameters.
- Experimental planning.
- Ensuring compatibility of our device with commercial extracorporeal pumps.
- Creating Product Dashboards and reports.
What We Look for in a Candidate
- Relevant Engineering degree (e.g. Biochemical Engineering).
- Medical device or IVD development background (+5 years of experience).
- Flow dynamics knowledge (dynamics of fluid mixing).
- Data analysis and interpretation experience.
- Project management.
Not Essential, but Helpful
- Knowledge of biological interactions and/or binding kinetics to substrates.
- Knowledge of system interface requirements
- Magnetic bead knowledge/working experience.
- Product development experience of extracorporeal systems.
- Flow dynamics knowledge focused on blood and/or plasma.
- Haematology/blood interaction with beads or devices.
- People management.
- Working under an ISO13485 QMS
You’ll Love This Job if You Are:
- Enthusiastic about our mission
- Team-oriented, fun and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Hybrid working conditions
- 3% Company pension
- 25 days holiday
- Share options scheme
- A vibrant community of Imperial College’s Translation & Innovation Hub
Diversity Commitment: We believe that diversity enables us to see situations from different points of view, leading to ideas and insights which would otherwise be missed. We are focused on building an inclusive team of people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are diverse in gender (58% women), origin (6 nationalities), and economic background. Everyone is welcome — there will be no judgement towards things that make you You!