Created by host on 6/11/2021 10:14:45 AM
Job Title: Lab Technician
Reports to: Senior Conjugation Scientist
Start Date: July 2021
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week (full-time, 6-month probation)
Salary: £22-25k PA
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining what you can bring to MediSieve to email@example.com.
Imagine a world where doctors are able to target and remove infected cells, pathogens, toxins, or even viruses directly from a patient’s bloodstream. At MediSieve we are working towards bringing this dream into a reality. Our Magnetic Blood Filtration System is a device-therapeutic combination that filters harmful substances from the bloodstream using magnetic forces.
If you’ve always dreamt of making a global impact, MediSieve is the place to be! The platform nature of our technology enables us to make a difference in treating humanity's most serious diseases, with the first product targeting hyperinflammation in conditions such as COVID-19, Sepsis, and Cytokine Release Syndrome. And you have the opportunity to join our diverse, energetic, and fun team at the most exciting time – just before our clinical trials begin!
As a Lab Technician you will be working alongside the Biochemistry team to support the development of our magnetic bead products. This is a hands-on lab position where you will be expected to perform experiments following protocols and SOPs. You will be expected to carry out the necessary data treatment and analysis. At the same time, you will be supporting everyday tasks such as inventory check, orders and general lab management.
What You’ll Be Responsible for
- Hands-on experimental work to support the magnetic bead development work (e.g. antibody-bead conjugations, DLS measurements, ELISAs, prepare buffers, etc).
- Perform inventory checks and support purchase processes.
- Contribute to waste management.
- Support database management (support data entry and maintenance).
What We Look for in a Candidate
- Relevant life sciences degree (e.g. Biochemistry, Chemistry)
- Hands-on experience in a biochemistry lab (2 years minimum, full time)
- Experience running ELISAs or similar non-automated microplate assays.
- Data analysis (working experience with excel).BSc/MSc in Life Sciences or relevant degree
Not Essential, but Helpful
- Working under aseptic conditions.
- Bead/surface functionalisation with antibodies/proteins.
- Formulation (excipients, stability, shelf-life, etc).
- Magnetic bead knowledge/working experience.
- Experience handling viral vectors (AAVs, retroviruses, adenoviruses, etc).
You’ll Love This Job if You Are:
- Attentive to detail
- Enthusiastic about our mission
- Team-oriented, fun and have excellent interpersonal skills
- 3% Company pension
- 25 days holiday
- Share options scheme
- A vibrant community of Imperial College’s Translation & Innovation Hub
Diversity Commitment: We believe that diversity enables us to see situations from different points of view, leading to ideas and insights which would otherwise be missed. We are focused on building an inclusive team of people of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are diverse in gender (58% women), origin (6 nationalities), and economic background. Everyone is welcome — there will be no judgement towards things that make you You!